If you’re running an older version of Soholaunch Pro and your hosting providers tells you they’re upgrading your site’s PHP version, you need to upgrade your Soholaunch site. The current stable build of Soholaunch Pro makes your site compatible with the newer versions of PHP. For the more technical number, it makes your site compatible with PHP 5.4+ . Note: If you are using Soholaunch Ultra, you're not affected and your site is already compatible.
Your host will most likely send you a notice that they will be upgrading the PHP version. You want to upgrade your Soholaunch site to the stable version before the host performs the actual PHP update.
To upgrade your site to the stable version:
- Login to sohoadmin and click the “Webmaster” button.
- Click the “Software Updates” button along the top.
- Click “Check for Updates Now”.
- Bubble the version with (stable) next to it. (Note: if it says already installed or the latest version is installed, you’re all set. You don’t need to proceed with the next steps).
- Click “Install Now” and wait some moments for it to finish.
- When it’s done, it will ask you to login out and back in, so do that.
- You’re all set! Your site is running the stable version so now it’s compatible.